Special Subjects Session
- The recent wave of Video Privacy Protection Act class actions brought against media companies based on disclosures to third party data analytics companies and social networking sites
- The legal, privacy, and data security implications of the evolving world of the Internet of Things and Big Data
- The state of play in the so-called email “scanning” class actions
- Data breach and class action settlements keep getting larger – what does this mean for insurance?
- What the EU’s right to be forgotten means for U.S. tech companies
- Why technical due diligence is important in software company M&A transactions
- What steps are involved in the diligence process
- Challenges and common concerns of acquirers and investors
- Risk allocation - reps and warranties, disclosure schedule, closing conditions
- Coordinating resolution of technical and legal issues - remediation plans and other solutions
Please Note: Program details are subject to change without notice
Ivy Associates is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. The November 6-7, 2014 program qualifies for a maximum of 14 hours of total credit, including a maximum of: 4 hours of special subject credit for Legal Ethics; 1 hour of special subject credit for Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession and Society; and 1 hour of special subject credit for Substance Abuse/Mental Issues/Physical Issues Impairing Professional Competence.